Sharing Files or Folders on OneDrive
- Open your browser and sign in to office.com. For more information click here.
- Click on the OneDrive icon on the left of the screen.
To create a new Folder click on New – Folder, write the folder name and click on Create.
You can also upload your files or folders. Click on Upload – Files or Upload – Folders. Browse and select the files or folders that you wish to upload to your OneDrive and click Open/Upload.
Sharing Files or Folders
- To share a file or folder right-click on the file or folder and select Share.
When you share a file or folder, OneDrive will create a link that you can then share with your contacts. This link can have different access rights depending on your needs.
- Select Anyone with the link can edit to customize the link options.
- Anyone with the link – Means that anyone (Even users with no iLearn account) can access your file or folder as long as they have the link. This type of link will expire after a set deadline and you can also specify a password for extra security.
- People in the Ministry of Education – Only users who have an iLearn account will be able to access your file or folder.
- People with existing access – Use this if you just want to send a link to somebody who already has access to the file or folder.
- Specific People – This allows you to specify a list of users with an iLearn account. Only these users will be able to access the file or folder.
- Allow editing – When you share items with this type of link, people can edit files, and can add files in a shared folder. Unchecking this box means that people can view, copy or download your items. They can also forward the link to other people. However, they cannot make changes to the files or folders on your OneDrive.
- Set the link settings that you want on your link, then select Apply when you’re done.
- You can now click on Copy Link to copy the link and send it to whoever needs to access your file or folder. The link can be pasted anywhere, including in an email , teams posts, chat and so on.
- Alternatively, you can also type in the email addresses of the users in the To: field and write a short message. Click Send to send an email with the link to the specified recipients.