Creating and Sharing a Calendar on Outlook Online
Outlook online enables you to create publicly shared calendars that can be accessed by staff, students or guardians through a link. Links can be posted on Teams and on school websites to make it easy for users to access them. Here is how to create a Public calendar on Outlook online.
Creating a Calendar on Outlook
- Log in to your Outlook online account from https://outlook.office.com/
- Click on Add Calendar – Create Blank Calendar
- Enter a Calendar Name and click Save.
- You will now see your new calendar under My Calendars.
Sharing a Calendar on Outlook
- Click on the Settings button.
- Select Calendar – Shared Calendars.
- Unser Publish a calendar select the Calendar from the drop down menu, set the permissions to Can view all details and click Publish.
- You should now see an HTML and ICS link next to the calendar. You can now copy the HTML link and share it through email, on Microsoft Teams on the School Website or Social Media.
Adding Contributors to the Calendar
Anyone who accesses the calendar through the HTML link will only be able to view the calendar. If you wish to add other contributors (such as assistant heads or other members of staff) to the calendar you can set the calendar Sharing and Permissions as follows:
1. Under My Calendars find your calendar from the list, right click on the calendar name and select Sharing and permissions.
- Enter the email address of the person you would like to add as a calendar contributor, set the permission to Can edit and click Share.